"Break Ride" (ブレイクライド Bureiku Raido) is an official term introduced in Trial Deck 8: Liberator of the Sanctuary and Trial Deck 9: Eradicator of the Empire, which refers to grade 3 cards with a Limit Break 4 ability that only activates when a card of the same clan rides on top while the player has activated its Limit Break at the same time (paying any cost required).
Starting with Eradicator, Vowing Saber Dragon "Яeverse", several Break Ride cards have a Cross Ride, allowing players to "Crossbreak Ride" to give them an extra +2000 power in addition to the +10000 from the Break Ride.
A "Break Ride" ability allows to you choose one of your vanguards, that unit gets +10000 power until end of turn, and in addition, you perform other effects, or also the chosen unit gets a new ability until end of turn. If you do not have at least four damage as soon as a card rides the unit, the Limit Break ability not will activate at that point, even if you are able to get somehow a fourth damage during the act of riding. If it activates successfully, then it will resolve even if you do not have four damage after being activated.
Also note that putting or moving a card from a circle to vanguard circle does not activate the Break Ride ability, since the action is not considered as "riding".
List of Break Ride units
- Blue Flight Dragon, Trans-core Dragon
- Blue Storm Dragon, Maelstrom
- Blue Storm Marine General, Demetrius
- Detonix Screw Dragon
- Detonix Stinger Dragon
- Eradicator, Electric Shaper Dragon
- Eradicator, Ignition Dragon
- Eradicator, Vowing Sword Dragon
- Narukami currently have the most Break Ride units, with 5 in total; 4 released + 1 manga-only.
- In the manga, Kourin used the term "Ultimate Break Ride" when she rode Raven-haired Ezel on top of Blond Ezel. This would mean that one of the two cards had a unexplained Limit Break 5 ability in the manga only.