"Calling" (コール Kōru) is the act of placing a unit from a non-circle zone onto one of your rear-guard circles or to your guardian circle. There are two types of call regarding effects and game rules: Normal Call (ノーマルコール Nōmarukōru) and Superior Call (スペリオルコール Superiorukōru). When a unit is moved from a non-circle zone to a circle, then it is considered to be "placed on" that circle, regardless of whether it was truly played or not.
Guarding is a call act; any abilities that restrict calling cards to guardian circle means that you can't guard.
Placing your cards on the field as locked card is not considered a call.
During your main phase, if there are no effects being resolved at that moment, you may:
- Choose a card from your hand whose grade is equal to or less than your vanguard's grade (or your Legion Leader's grade in such case), as well as the circle on which that card will be placed on.
- Declare what you're doing ("I call" for example), and place the chosen card on the chosen circle as stand .
- Abilities that state "When... is placed on (RC)" can be used at this moment.
- Retire any units on the same circle where the unit was placed on, except the newly called unit.
You may repeat this process any number of times during your main phase, as long as you have cards within the criteria in your hand.
During your guard step of the battle that your units are being attacked, if there are no effects being resolved, you may:
- Choose a card from your hand whose grade is equal to or less than your vanguard's grade (or your Legion Leader's grade in such case).
- Declare what you're doing ("I guard" for example), and place the chosen card on your guardian circle as rest . At this point, also choose one of your units that being attacked, and the unit called will guard that unit.
- Abilities that state "When... placed on (GC)" can be used at this moment.
You may repeat this process any number of times during this guard step, as long as you have cards within the criteria in your hand.
While the called unit is on guardian circle, its shield value is constantly added to the chosen unit's power that being attacked, until end of that battle. If it does not has a shield printed, its value will be regarded as 0 shield.
Calling a unit to rear-guard or guardian circle by using an effect is known as "Superior Call", which ignores the grade that your vanguard should have in order to call units. Units that are called to rear-guard circle by an effect are put in stand unless otherwise specified, and units that are called to guardian circle are always put in rest .
In card text, "Superior Call" is identified by the sentence "placed on... due to an effect from a card".
Mechanics Related to Call
List of Anti Support Cards
|Blue Storm Marine General, Despina||Aqua Force||Aquaroid||Trigger unit (Critical)|
|Blue Storm Breaking Dragon, Engulf Maelstrom||Aqua Force||Tear Dragon||G unit (Stride)|
|Dark Dragon, Phantom Blaster "Diablo"||Shadow Paladin||Abyss Dragon||G unit (Stride)|
|Dragstrider, Luard||Shadow Paladin||Abyss Dragon||G unit (Stride)|
|Fiery March Colossus||Gear Chronicle||Gear Colossus||G unit (Stride)|
|Lawless Mutant Deity, Obtirandus||Megacolony||Insect||G unit (Stride)|
|Metapulsar, Mystery-freeze Dragon||Gear Chronicle||Gear Dragon/Zodiac Time Beast||G unit (Stride)|
|One who Hunts Souls, Balaam||Dark Irregulars||Demon||G unit (Stride)|
|Still Water Festival Deity, Ichikishima||Oracle Think Tank||Noble||G unit (Stride)|
- Due to the first unit that restrict calling card to (GC) from hands are Silent Tom and Blue Storm Supreme Dragon, Glory Maelstrom, similar skill of "cannot guard with grade 0 from hand" is coined "Tom Skill", while "cannot guard with grade 1 or higher from hand" is nicknamed "Glory Skill" by fans.