|“||Enter a whole new world of "Cardfight!! Vanguard" with "Cardfight!! Online"!||”|
"Cardfight!! Online" was the project of a digital online card game planned for Windows PC and originally announced the July 2nd 2015. It was described as a free-to-play game with in-game transactions. After multiple difficulties and delays, as well as the lack of news since the last May 6th 2016, the project was announced as cancelled the December 20th 2016.
Details that were known
Some of these details bellow were based on the two Beta versions that were temporarily released.
When you start the game for the very first time, a name must be put (although it can be changed later). Then, you will be invited to go through a set of four tutorials to teach you about the basics about Vanguard, as well as the controls of this game. After completing (or skipping) a tutorial once, you get a predetermined Trial Deck from that tutorial.
This game would first feature cards from the English Cardfight!! Vanguard G series and later. Older cards and expansions would be added little by little. Newer cards were not going to be added at the same time as its real physical release, due to the amount of time it takes to program and test those cards.
- You could have choose between Clan Fight and Extreme Fight formats to play.
- In-game tournaments would be created by Bushiroad. However, players cannot create their own tournaments in the game.
- Only 1vs1 fights were available. Any other game methods could have been possible.
- Only PlayervsPlayer at this time. An AI versus mode could have been possible.
- To search for a fight, players were put into a queue where they will be paired against another player of a similar rank.
- There would be a ranking system, which will be reset monthly. Also, an unranked game mode too.
- There would be no trading nor gift methods between the users. This was decided to prevent any dispute.
- You would be able to obtain booster packs without paying, at least without real money.
- There would be various daily quests, as well as rewards for completing them.
- The in-game shop will have Trial Decks, Boosters, Sleeves, Playmats, and Avatars to buy.
- Various serial codes to get cards will be added in future campaigns and certain physical products. For example, that one in G-SD01.
- There will be a friend list, which you will get by clicking "follow" on a user's profile.
- You could go to a user's profile and challenge them directly.
- You could change the resolution between various windows or directly full screen, as well as change the sound volume.
- A feature about completed packs could have been possible.
- A feature about teams was not possible.