Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Cross Ride" (クロスライド Kurosu Raido) is an official term introduced in Booster Set 5: Awakening of Twin Blades which refers to the act of riding a grade 3 unit on top of another grade 3 unit which is referenced in that new unit's text. Previously, all Cross Ride cards had an ability that gives them [Power]+2000 (during both you and your opponent's turn) as long as their previous incarnation was present in the soul.
Starting with G Extra Booster 1: Cosmic Roar, the new Cross Ride cards no longer gain +2000 power by having the previous incarnation in the soul. From now on, they have at least two abilities; the main one requires their previous incarnation in the soul, either to gain a bonus or to be able to activate their ability; the other (usable in more zones, not only in vanguard) allows to put a card into soul due to a cost or effect, which also allows to get faster their original incarnation in the soul.
With the release of Booster Set 9: Clash of the Knights & Dragons, Cross Ride units have Lord as a restriction instead of [Power]-2000 when there exist a unit outside of its respective clan. When Clan Fight rules were implemented, starting with Fighter's Collection 2014 all negative restrictions ceased to exist.
Booster Set 12: Binding Force of the Black Rings introduced the concept of having a Cross Ride for a Break Ride card, the first of which was Eradicator, Vowing Saber Dragon "Яeverse". This type of Cross Ride has been called a "Crossbreak Ride" by the anime and fans, although it is not an official term.
List of Cards
- Cross Ride is a term that was originally used in the anime with no mention of it in canon TCG material. However, since then it has been introduced as a term in the official rulebook. A special feature of potential Cross Ride units may contain two different same-grade Units that share similar archetype, graphic design and naming conventions, although this is not a guaranteed feature.
- The first two Cross Ride units, Dragonic Overlord the End and Phantom Blaster Overlord, are currently the only Cross Rides that can use Persona Blast.
- With the release of the Break Ride version of Dragonic Overlord, the End is the first Cross Break Ride without a Limit Break, followed by Phantom Blaster Dragon.
- Also, the release of Brawler, Big Bang Knuckle Buster signifies the first Legion Unit to have its own Cross Ride counterpart, riding over Brawler, Big Bang Knuckle Dragon, another Legion Unit, with its Mate Unit being an update of that belonging to the soul that grants it the Cross Ride ability.
- Narukami is the first clan to feature Cross Break Ride, and also feature its first Legion-style counterpart as well.
- Genesis is the first clan to feature Cross Break Ride with an Ultimate Break Unit: Regalia of Wisdom and Courage, Brynhildr, which also signifies the first clan with two Cross Ride forms not to include any "Яeverse" forms at all.
- Nova Grappler currently has 5 Cross Ride units (two Cross Break Ride units going to the same unit), currently making it the clan that has the most Cross Ride units.
- Super Dimensional Robo, Daiyusha, Beast Deity, Ethics Buster, Silver Thorn Dragon Tamer, Luquier and both forms of Dragonic Overlord and Blue Storm Dragon, Maelstrom all have two Cross Ride forms, including a "Яeverse" form given to them by Link Joker.
- There exists Ride Chain Crossrides. These include Shangri-La Star, Coral, Galaxy Blaukluger & Phantom Blaster Overlord.
- Ultimate Dimensional Robo, Great Daikaiser is the first Cross Ride in existence to not have a negative effect.