Cross Ride is an official term that refers to the act of riding a grade 3 unit on top of another grade 3 unit referenced in the new vanguard unit's text. All cross ride units share similar characteristics: they have 11000 base Power and gets [Power]+2000 (during both you and your opponent's turn) if their previous incarnation is present in the soul. Starting with G Extra Booster 1: Cosmic Roar, they no longer gain +2000 power by having the original incarnation in the soul, but rather an additional ability, instead.
With the release of Booster Set 9: Clash of the Knights & Dragons, Cross Ride units have Lord as a restriction instead of [Power]-2000 when there exist a unit outside of its respective clan. When Clan Fight rules is implemented, starting with Fighter's Collection 2014, all negative restrictions ceased to exist.
Cross Riding is not always necessary to gain the full mileage from these units. They still gain their +2000 Power bonus if the previous version is put into the soul in another way.
Booster Set 12: Binding Force of the Black Rings introduced the concept of having a Cross Ride unit for a Break Ride unit, the first of this was Eradicator, Vowing Saber Dragon "Яeverse". Cross Rides that function in this manner have been called "Crossbreak Ride" by the anime and fans, although they do not yet have this name officially.
List of Cards
- Cross Ride is a term originally used in the anime, with no mention in canon TCG material. However, since then, it has been introduced as a term in the official rulebook. A special feature of potential Cross Ride units may contain two different same-grade Units that share similar archetype, graphic design and naming conventions, although this is not a guaranteed feature.
- The first two Cross Ride units, Dragonic Overlord the End and Phantom Blaster Overlord, are currently the only Cross Rides that can use Persona Blast.
- With the release of the Break Ride version of Dragonic Overlord, the End is the first Cross Break Ride without a Limit Break, followed by Phantom Blaster Dragon.
- Also, the release of Brawler, Big Bang Knuckle Buster signifies the first Legion Unit to have its own Cross Ride counterpart, riding over Brawler, Big Bang Knuckle Dragon, another Legion Unit, with its Mate Unit being an update of that belonging to the soul that grants it the Cross Ride ability.
- Narukami is the first clan to feature Cross Break Ride, and also feature its first Legion-style counterpart as well.
- Genesis is the first clan to feature Cross Break Ride with an Ultimate Break Unit: Regalia of Wisdom and Courage, Brynhildr, which also signifies the first clan with two Cross Ride forms not to include any "Яeverse" forms at all.
- Nova Grappler currently has 5 Cross Ride units (two Cross Break Ride units going to the same unit), currently making it the clan that has the most Cross Ride units.
- Super Dimensional Robo, Daiyusha, Beast Deity, Ethics Buster, Silver Thorn Dragon Tamer, Luquier and both forms of Dragonic Overlord and Blue Storm Dragon, Maelstrom all have two Cross Ride forms, including a "Яeverse" form given to them by Link Joker.
- There exists Ride Chain Crossrides. These include Shangri-La Star, Coral, Galaxy Blaukluger & Phantom Blaster Overlord.
- Ultimate Dimensional Robo, Great Daikaiser is the first Cross Ride in existence to not have a negative effect.