"Fight Formats" are different modes in which a Cardfight!! Vanguard match can be played, and each format provides its own rules. Unless otherwise stated, the Standard Fight Rules are applied normally in each format, including trigger effects and the Sentinel ability.
- Only cards belonging to the "V Series" era (featuring the symbol) can be used. Look at the respective category for all of them. Including cards with the code VPR/0001, V-SD01 and V-SD02, which are treated as having the symbol.
- Only Clan Fight regulation is applied.
- Standard's Card Restrictions are applied.
- All cards that have been printed so far can be used.
- Deck Regulations and Premium Standard's Card Restrictions are applied.
- Main article: Pack Fight Rules
- Open booster packs, and then build a deck by using cards from there to play a cardfight.
- Main article: Relay Fight Rules
- A cardfight consisting of teams 3 vs 3, where each player relays with its teammate who will continue fighting for it.
- Main article: Tag Fight Rules
- A cardfight consisting of teams 2 vs 2, where each team sits together on one side of the table.
- A main deck only consists of 25 cards.
- Only 4 damage is needed to win the game.
- Only 8 trigger units are allowed (maximum of 2 heal triggers).
- Other rules are the same as Classic.
- Main article: Booster Draft.