"G Assist" (Gアシスト Jī-ashisuto) is a step within the draw phase to prevent the turn player from missing the chance to ride to the next grade.
How it Works
After drawing a card in the draw step of your draw phase, proceed to your G Assist Step; you may then perform the following steps in this order, as long as you meet the following conditions.
- Your vanguard must not be grade 3 or greater.
- You must not have any card in your hand that is a grade greater than your vanguard.
- Reveal your entire hand to your opponent to confirm that the 2nd condition is fulfilled. Then, your revealed hand returns to being a hidden zone.
- Look at five cards from the top of your deck.
- From among them, put up to one card that is a grade greater than your vanguard into your hand, and shuffle your deck.
- If you put a card into your hand, choose two cards from your hand, and remove the chosen cards from the game.
- If you did not added any card to your hand in the step 3, shuffle your deck and skip the step 4, then proceed to your ride phase. During the ride step of your ride phase, you may ride the next grade that was missing.
- When removing cards, if your hand has one or less cards, remove all of them.
- The removed cards are put far away, into the removal zone face up, but so that they are visible to both players.
- The removed cards can no longer be used for the rest of the game.
- The removed cards don't count as bound nor discarded.