"G Assist" (Gアシスト Jī-ashisuto) is a step within the draw phase to prevent the turn player from missing the chance to ride to the next grade.
How it Works
After drawing a card in the draw step of your draw phase, proceed to your G Assist Step; you may then perform the following steps in this order, as long as you meet the following conditions.
- Your vanguard must not be grade 3 or greater.
- You must not have any card in your hand that is a grade greater than your vanguard.
- You must have two or more cards in your G zone.
- Reveal your entire hand to your opponent to confirm that the 2nd condition is fulfilled. Then, your revealed hand returns to being a hidden zone.
- Look at five cards from the top of your deck.
- From among them, put up to one card that is a grade greater than your vanguard into your hand, and shuffle your deck.
- If you put a card into your hand, choose two cards from your hand and two cards from your G zone, and remove the chosen cards from the game. These cards can no longer be used for the rest of the game.
- If you did not added any card to your hand in the step 3, shuffle your deck and skip the step 4, then proceed to your ride phase. After fulfilling steps successfully, you may ride the next grade that was missing.
- When the cards are removed, if each of the zones has less than 2 cards for any reason, remove all the cards in each of the zones.
- The removed cards are put far away from the main zones of the game, but so that they are visible to both players. In Cardfight!! Online, the removed cards are put into the "Exclusion Zone" face up.
- The removed cards don't count as bound nor discarded.