|“||Seek the Mate!||”|
Many cards appear sharing artworks side by side, and each have the half of Legion symbol in a corner of the card frame, with the exception of some.
In the anime, Legion is activated by the fighter calling "Seek (The/My) Mate". A yellow aura glow from the Legion Leader, and rise up in the sky, where it spark. The scene then cut to the fight table, where four cards move out from the drop zone, placed in the deck. The same sparkle then glow, usually from the from the top to the bottom of the deck, and the Mate is ejected and caught by the fighter. It is then placed on the Vanguard Circle as the Legion Symbol expand and fade.
How it Works
"Seek Mate" (シークメイト Shīkumeito) is the keyword to perform the state "Legion" used on grade 3 cards which are known as "Legion Leaders", while the card you seek is known as "Legion Mate". It is indicated by the icon "Legion(number)".
To Seek Mate: During your main phase, if your vanguard is not and never in Legion state, and your opponent has a grade 3 or greater vanguard, your vanguard may return four cards from your drop zone to your deck, search your deck for up to one of the specified cards (its card name appears marked in red. Place that card at the left on the same Vanguard Circle, in the same state (Stand or Rest) as the Legion Leader, and shuffle your deck. The Legion Leader that is currently on your Vanguard Circle may only Seek Mate once per game.
Afterwards, for the rest of the game, those two units attack together at the same time (known as "Legion Attack"), combining their power totals during that battle.
The two units that are Legion are a vanguard, but they are still are two separate units, and you still can...
- Boost it by unit in the back row. In that case, you must choose which of the two units to boost (for units like Wingal Brave that requires boosting specific names).
- Ride a unit on top of it. In that case, both units become soul and both unit were rode. The grade of the card you rode must be equal or 1 greater than the Legion Leader.
Also, don't forget that...
- When the attack of your vanguard that is Legion hits a vanguard, it deals damage equal to your Legion Leader's critical. Also, the attack only counts as a single hit, not two hits.
- Units such as Knight of Loyalty, Bedivere can activate its effects if your vanguard that is Legion has a Legion Mate that can fulfill the requirements.
- The Legion Mate's abilities restricted to (VC) only can be activated since it is on (VC).
- Legion Mate cannot attack alone, nor it can be forced to attack by any means.
- The extra power given by the Legion Mate only applies when they are attacking, and not at other times.
- If one of the units leaves the Vanguard Circle, the other unit is no longer in Legion state.
Effect Use Timing
- "When this unit Legion..." refers to when that unit becomes in Legion state with its legion mate successfully.
- "If this unit is Legion..." refers to the unit already being in Legion state at that current moment.
- "During the turn that this unit Legion..." refers to only the turn that the unit becames in Legion state with its legion mate, successfully.
List of Cards
|Accident Celestial, Batarel||Control Celestial, He-el|
Dosage Celestial, Asmodel
|Holy Edge Celestial, Malchidael||Dosage Celestial, Asmodel|
|Duo Falling Heart, Victoria||Duo Falling Heart, Quancy|
|Duo Lovely Angel, Nemuel||Duo Lovely Devil, Vepar|
|Dream Team, Madre||Dream Team, Dios|
|Rising Star, Trois||Top Idol, Riviere|
|Amon's Leader, Astaroth||Demon World Marquis, Amon|
|Psychic of Ash, Hadar||Psychic of Dust, Izaya|
|Psychic of Storm, Rigil||Psychic of Dust, Izaya|
|Nixie Number Dragon||Steam Knight, Xang|
|Ruin Disposal Dragon||Steam Knight, Puzur-Ili|
|Witch Doctor of the Dead Sea, Negrobolt||Dragon Undead, Ghoul Dragon|
|Young Pirate Noble, Pinot Noir||Pirate Belle, Pinot Blanc|
|Fervent Professor, Guru Tiger||Capable Assistant, Guru Wolf|
|Magic Scientist, Tester Fox||Illusion Scientist, Researcher Fox|
|Machining Scorpion mk II||Machining Hornet mk II|
Machining Mosquito mk II
|Machining Tarantula mk II||Machining Hornet mk II|
|Covert Demonic Dragon, Magatsu Typhoon||Covert Demonic Dragon, Magatsu Storm|
|Onmyo Stealth Rogue, Seimei||Transformation Stealth Rogue, Kuzunoha|
|Carnation Musketeer, Rikhard||Carnation Musketeer, Pertti|
|Lycoris Musketeer, Vera||Lycoris Musketeer, Saul|
|Maiden of Rambling Rose||Maiden of Trailing Rose|
|Peony Musketeer, Martina||Peony Musketeer, Toure|
|Marineraizer Anchor-arm||Marineraizer High-torpedo|
|Phoenixraizer Drill-wing||Phoenixraizer Flame-wing|
|Ultimate Raizer Glory-hand||Ultimate Raizer Dual-flare|
|Ultimate Raizer Mega-flare||Ultimate Raizer Dual-flare|
|Shura Stealth Dragon, Mandoracongo||Shura Stealth Dragon, Daranicongo|
|Shura Stealth Dragon, Hokagecongo||Shura Stealth Dragon, Murasamecongo|
Shura Stealth Dragon, Daranicongo
|Battle Sister, Gelee||Battle Sister, Pudding|
|Goddess of the Treasured Mirror, Ohirume||CEO Amaterasu|
|Cracking Beast Tamer||Barking Sky Tiger|
|Bloody Ogle||Frozen Ogle|
|Dudley Moses||Dudley Monty|
|Emerald Blaze||Silver Blaze|
|Ancient Dragon, Magmaarmor||Ancient Dragon, Knightarmor|
|Ancient Dragon, Tyrannoquake||Ancient Dragon, Tyrannobite|
List of Support Cards
- Blue Storm Battle Princess, Lynpia
- Blue Storm Cadet, Anos
- Blue Storm Marine General, Milos
- Blue Storm Marine General, Starless
- Blue Storm Soldier, Tempest Boarder
- Mola Mola Soldier of the Blue Storm Fleet
- Hyper Metalborg, Heavyduke
- Metalborg, Barrengrader
- Metalborg, Bulldump
- Metalborg, Mec Rogue
- Metalborg, Ur Buster
- Metalborg, Yunbot
- Regalia of Well-wishes, Preach Angel
- Regalia of Fertility, Freyja
- Regalia of Prayers, Pray Angel
- Witch Queen of Holy Water, Clove
- Boardgal Liberator
- Flaming Passion Liberator, Guido
- Hantgal Liberator
- Koronagal Liberator
- Liberator, Blessing Arrow Angel
- Liberator, Lawful Trumpeter
- Liberator of Dignity, Elidos
- Nalegal Liberator
- Twin Axe Liberator, Bassia
- Shower Liberator, Trahern
- Perdition Dragon, Tinder Spear Dracokid
- Perdition Dragon Knight, Ilham
- Perdition Dragon Knight, Sahar
- Perdition Dragon Knight, Tarayev
- Perdition Wyvern, Boom
- Perdition Wyvern, Grue
- Bullet-mark Star-vader, Rhenium
- Infinitesimal Star-vader, Mayoron
- Star-vader of Silence, Dilaton
- Star-vader, Bravefang
- Star-vader, Butterfly Effect
- Star-vader, Crumble Mare
- Star-vader, Robin Knight
- Star-vader, Sinister Eagle
- Star-vader, Sword Viper
- Brawler, Fighting Dracokid
- Brawler, Lightning Rider
- Brawler, Starring Dracokid
- Brawler, Yojin
- Military Brawler, Lisei
- Naga Brawler, Kadru
- Prodigy Brawler, Kotensho
- Tonfa Brawler, Arc
- True Brawler, Big Bang Knuckle Turbo
- Violent Brawler, Shuki
- Hydrangea Musketeer, Ivar
- Gypsophila Musketeer, Raisa
- Lycoris Musketeer, Saul
- Narcissus Musketeer, Joachim
- Peony Musketeer, Toure
- Advance Party Seeker, File
- Brave Stride Seeker, Cherin
- Combined Strength Seeker, Locrinus
- Flail Seeker, Isbuzzard
- Great Crossbow Seeker, Gildas
- Provocation Seeker, Blumental
- Seeker, Hartmy
- Seeker, Rune Eagle
- Sibergal Seeker
- Adroit Revenger, Teyrnon
- Fighting Spirit Revenger, Macart
- Witch of Banquets, Lir
- Witch of Black Doves, Goewin
- Witch of Quests, Securna
List of Anti-Support Cards
Frequently Asked Question
- Question: What kind of ability is "Legion"?
Answer: "Legion" is an ability that calls a Mate to fight together. The Mate is put on the left of the vanguard circle, combine their Power when they attack!
- Question: How long does a Legion last?
Answer: The Legion last the whole game, unless you ride another unit.
- Question: What happens when another unit rides them?
Answer: When they're being rode, put both unit into the soul. And any ability that state "When this unit is rode" activate.(In this circumstance, both unit are rode)
- Question: Is the critical of both units in Legion combined?
- Question: Can Legion Mate's "When this unit is placed on RC" ability be used?
Answer: No, since it's placed on VC.
- Question: When attacking an opponent's vanguard in Legion, what will happen to the power?
Answer: The power only combine during an attack, not when attacked. So, only the power of Legion Leader count - It returns to its original value of its own. (Plus any effect that adjust power)
- Question: Can the Mate be attacked as well?
Answer: The Mate cannot be attacked.
- Question: After performing a Legion, must the deck be shuffled?
Answer: After performing a Legion, shuffle the deck.
- Question: What does 「このユニットは１度だけ」(Only once, this unit may) from Legion mean?
Answer: It means, that unit may, only once during the game, return four cards from your drop zone to deck, and perform Legion. If the specified card (Mate) is not in the deck, means it failed to perform Legion, and that unit cannot use that ability for rest of that game, as long as it's there.
- Question: Are both of my units in Legion on (VC) count as my vanguard?
Answer: Yes, both of them also counts as your vanguard.
- Question: If I have less than 4 cards in the drop zone, can I perform Legion?
Answer: No, you can't perform Legion without 4 or more cards in the drop zone. Because you will have not enough cards to return back to the deck to perform Legion.
- Question: If my Legion Mate is unable to deal damage, can my Legion Leader deal damage when the attack hits?
Answer: No. If for any reason, a Legion Mate that is attacking is unable to deal damage, the Legion Leader will not deal damage.
- Question: I have grade 3 Legion Leader and grade 2 mate. During my ride phase, can I ride a Grade 2 unit?
Answer: No. During your ride phase, you can only ride a card with the same grade or greater than your Legion Leader's grade.
- Question: My Legion Mate stands due to a skill of one of my units, does my Legion Leader stand too?
Answer: Yes. The two units perform actions such as attack and stand together.
- The kanji「双闘」for Legion may be translated as "Dual Battle".
- The kanji「盟友」for Mate may be translated as "Ally".