|“||Seek the Mate!||”|
Many cards appear sharing artworks side by side, and each have the half of Legion symbol in a corner of the card frame, with the exception of some.
The main vanguard who performs Legion is called "Legion Leader", and the mate is called "Legion Mate". "Seek Mate" refers to the legion leader's ability to perform Legion.
How it Works
“Seek Mate” is a collective term for abilities with the Seek Mate icon directly after a “:”. Seek Mate icon is indicated by the symbol Legion(number).
(VC):Legion "[Card name]" is defined as “If this unit has never been in a legion state, and your opponent's vanguard is grade 3 or greater, this unit may return four cards from your drop zone into your deck once (normal unit or trigger unit), search your deck for a card that matches the [card characteristic] (its name appears marked in red), Legion (placing it at the left on the same vanguard circle, and combining both units into a single vanguard), and shuffle your deck. This ability cannot be used for the rest of that game.”.
Afterwards, for the rest of that game, those two units attack together at the same time (called "Legion Attack"), combining their power totals.
A vanguard that is Legion is still considered a single vanguard (NB: It is not considered a single unit), and you still can...
- Boost it by unit in the back row. In that, you must choose which of the two units to boost (for units like Wingal Brave that requires boosting specific names).
- Ride a unit on top of it. In that case, both units become soul and both unit were rode.
Also, don't forget that...
- When you Seek Mate, if there are more than one card name stated that can Legion with your vanguard, you can only Legion with one card that matches one or more of the card stated. (Example: If a unit has Legion20000"Blaster Blade"or"Blaster Blade Seeker" it can Legion with, or search for with Seek Mate, either “Blaster Blade” or “Blaster Blade Seeker”, not both at once.)
- When the attack of your vanguard in Legion hits a vanguard, it deals damage equal to your Legion Leader's critical. Also, the attack only counts as a single hit, not two hits.
- Units such as Knight of Loyalty, Bedivere can activate its effects if your vanguard in Legion has a mate that can fulfill the requirements.
- The Legion Mate's abilities restricted to (VC) only can be activated since it is on (VC) with its legion leader.
- Legion Mate cannot attack (alone), nor it can be forced to attack by any means.
Skill Activation Timing
- "When this unit Legion..." refers to when a unit changes from not being in Legion, to being in Legion.
- "If this unit is Legion..." refers to whether that unit is in a Legion state at that current point of time.
- "During the turn that this unit Legion..." refers to the turn when a unit changes from not being in Legion, to being in Legion.
List of Cards
|Clumsy Celestial, Batrael||Seizing Celestial, Hael|
Dosage Celestial, Asmodel
|Holy Edge Celestial, Malchidael||Dosage Celestial, Asmodel|
|Duo Falling Heart, Victoria||Duo Falling Heart, Quancy|
|Duo Lovely Angel, Nemuel||Duo Lovely Devil, Vepar|
|Dream Team, Madre||Dream Team, Dios|
|Rising Star, Trois||Top Idol, Riviere|
|Amon's Leader, Astaroth||Demon World Marquis, Amon|
|Psychic of Ash, Hadar||Psychic of Dust, Izaya|
|Psychic of Storm, Rigil||Psychic of Dust, Izaya|
|Nixie Number Dragon||Steam Knight, Xang|
|Ruin Disposal Dragon||Steam Knight, Puzur-ili|
|Witch Doctor of the Dead Sea, Negrobolt||Dragon Undead, Ghoul Dragon|
|Young Pirate Noble, Pinot Noir||Beauty Pirate, Pinot Blanc|
|Fervent Professor, Guru Tiger||Capable Assistant, Guru Wolf|
|Magic Scientist, Tester Fox||Illusion Scientist, Researcher Fox|
|Machining Scorpion mk II||Machining Hornet mk II|
Machining Mosquito mk II
|Machining Tarantula mk II||Machining Hornet mk II|
|Covert Demonic Dragon, Magatsu Typhoon||Covert Demonic Dragon, Magatsu Storm|
|Onmyo Stealth Rogue, Seimei||Transformation Stealth Rogue, Kuzunoha|
|Carnation Musketeer, Rikhard||Carnation Musketeer, Pertti|
|Lycoris Musketeer, Vera||Lycoris Musketeer, Saul|
|Maiden of Rambling Rose||Maiden of Trailing Rose|
|Peony Musketeer, Martina||Peony Musketeer, Toure|
|Marineraizer Anchor-arm||Marineraizer High-torpedo|
|Phoenix Raizer Drill Wing||Phoenix Raizer Flame Wing|
|Ultimate Raizer Mega-flare||Ultimate Raizer Dual-flare|
|Shura Stealth Dragon, Mantoracongo||Shura Stealth Dragon, Daranicongo|
|Battle Sister, Jelly||Battle Sister, Pudding|
|Goddess of the Treasured Mirror, Ohirume||CEO Amaterasu|
|Cracking Beast Tamer||Barking Sky Tiger|
|Bloody Ogle||Frozen Ogle|
|Dudley Moses||Dudley Monty|
|Emerald Blaze||Silver Blaze|
|Ancient Dragon, Magmaarmor||Ancient Dragon, Knightarmor|
|Ancient Dragon, Tyrannoquake||Ancient Dragon, Tyrannobite|
List of Support Cards
- Blue Storm Cadet, Anos
- Blue Storm Marine General, Milos
- Blue Storm Marine General, Starless
- Blue Storm Soldier, Tempest Boarder
- Mola Mola Soldier of the Blue Storm Fleet
- Metalborg, Barrengrader
- Metalborg, Bulldump
- Metalborg, Mec Rogue
- Metalborg, Ur Buster
- Metalborg, Yunbot
- Regalia of Congratulations, Preach Angel
- Regalia of Fertility, Freyja
- Regalia of Prayers, Pray Angel
- Boardgal Liberator
- Flaming Passion Liberator, Guido
- Hantgal Liberator
- Koronagal Liberator
- Liberator, Blessing Arrow Angel
- Liberator, Lawful Trumpeter
- Liberator of Dignity, Elidos
- Nalegal Liberator
- Twin Axe Liberator, Bassia
- Shower Liberator, Trahern
- Perdition Dragon, Tinder Spear Dracokid
- Perdition Dragon Knight, Ilham
- Perdition Dragon Knight, Sahar
- Perdition Dragon Knight, Sheer
- Perdition Wyvern, Boom
- Perdition Wyvern, Grue
- Minuscule Star-vader, Mayoron
- Shot Mark Star-vader, Rhenium
- Star-vader of Silence, Dilaton
- Star-vader, Bravefang
- Star-vader, Butterfly Effect
- Star-vader, Crumble Mare
- Star-vader, Robin Knight
- Star-vader, Sinister Eagle
- Star-vader, Sword Viper
- Brawler, Fighting Dracokid
- Brawler, Lightning Rider
- Brawler, Starring Dracokid
- Brawler, Yojin
- Military Brawler, Lisei
- Naga Brawler, Kadru
- Prodigy Brawler, Kotensho
- Tonfa Brawler, Arc
- Violent Brawler, Shuki
- Hydrangea Musketeer, Ivar
- Gypsophila Musketeer, Raisa
- Lycoris Musketeer, Saul
- Narcissus Musketeer, Joachim
- Peony Musketeer, Toure
- Advance Party Seeker, File
- Brave Stride Seeker, Cherin
- Combined Strength Seeker, Locrinus
- Flail Seeker, Isbuzzard
- Great Crossbow Seeker, Gildas
- Provocation Seeker, Blumenthal
- Seeker, Hartmy
- Seeker, Rune Eagle
- Sibergal Seeker
- Fighting Spirit Revenger, Macart
- Witch of Banquets, Lir
- Witch of Black Doves, Goewin
- Witch of Quests, Securna
Frequently Asked Question
- Question: What kind of ability is "Legion"?
Answer: "Legion" is an ability that calls a Mate to fight together. The Mate is put on the left of the vanguard circle, their power is combined when attack.
- Question: How long does a Legion last?
Answer: The Legion last the whole game, unless you ride into a different vanguard.
- Question: What happens when another unit rides them?
Answer: When they're being rode, the units which are in Legion are put into the soul.
- Question: The critical of both units in Legion is combined?
Answer: The amount that is combined is only the power. There are no changes in critical and drive check.
- Question: Can Legion Mate's when-placed timing ability be used?
Answer:Since the Mate is being placed on (VC), any "when this unit is placed on (RC)" abilities cannot be used.
- Question: When attacking an opponent's vanguard in Legion, what will happen to the power?
Answer: Since the combined power is only during its attack, so the amount of power for the vanguard with Legion when receiving an attack is the amount of its original power (plus any trigger effect or any other abilities― anything excluding the Legion's power effect).
- Question: Can the Mate be attacked as well?
Answer: The Mate cannot be attacked.
- Question: After performing a Legion, must the deck be shuffled?
Answer: After performing a Legion, please shuffle the deck.
- Question: What does 「このユニットは１度だけ」(Only once, this unit may) from Legion mean?
Answer: It means, that unit may, only once during the game, return four cards from your drop zone to deck, and perform Legion. If the specified card (Mate) is not in the deck, means it failed to perform Legion, and that unit cannot use that ability for rest of that game.
- Question: Both of my units in Legion on (VC) also count as my vanguard?
Answer: Yes, both of them also counts as your vanguard.
- Question: If I have less than 4 cards in the drop zone, can I perform Legion?
Answer: No, you can't perform Legion without 4 or more cards in the drop zone. Because you will have not enough cards to return back to the deck to perform Legion.
- Question: If my Legion Mate is unable to deal damage, can my Legion Leader deal damage when the attack hits?
Answer:No. If for any reason, a Legion Mate that is attacking is unable to deal damage, the Legion Leader will not deal damage.
- Question: I have Seeker, Sacred Wingal legioned with Blaster Blade Seeker as my vanguard. During my ride phase, can I ride a Grade 2 unit?
Answer:No. During your ride phase, you can only ride a card with the same grade or greater than your Legion Leader's grade.
- The kanji「双闘」for Legion may be translated as "Dual Battle".
- The kanji「盟友」for Mate may be translated as "Ally".