|“||Seek the Mate!||”|
—Kai Toshiki, Episode 165
How it Works
Legion works as a way to have two vanguards in one. It is activated during the main phase, you may return four cards (normal unit or trigger unit) from your drop zone to your deck, then taking the "Mate" card (its name appears marked in red) from your deck (called "Seek Mate"), placing it on the same vanguard circle as its Legion, and combining the two cards into a single card, creating "Legion Mate". Afterwards, for the rest of the game, the two cards attack together at the same time (called "Legion Attack"), combining their power totals. Also, when a card is in Legion, they get a Legion skill.
"Legion Mate" is still considered a single vanguard, and you still can...
- Boost it by unit in the back row.
- Ride a unit on top of it. In that case, Legion Mate becomes soul.
Also, don't forget that...
- When you boost your vanguard in Legion, you must choose which of the two units you boost (for units like Wingal Brave that requires boosting specific names).
- When the attack of your vanguard in Legion hits a vanguard, it deals damage equal to your main grade 3 unit's critical. Also, the attack only counts as a single hit, not two hits.
- Units such as Knight of Loyalty, Bedivere can activate its effects if your vanguard in Legion has a Mate that can fulfill the requirements.
List of Legion Mate Cards
|Blue Storm Wave Dragon, Tetra-burst Dragon||Blue Storm Marine General, Starless|
|Duo, Fall in Heart Victoria||Duo, Fall in Heart Quincy|
|Dream Team, Madre||Dream Team, Dios|
|Psychicer of Ash, Hadar||Psychicer of Dust, Izaya|
|Metalborg, Cezalion||Metalborg, Digarion|
|Metalborg, Dryon||Metalborg, Lionetter|
|Metalborg, Sin Buster||Metalborg, Ur Buster|
|Young Nobleman Pirate, Pinot Noir||Beauty Pirate, Pinot Blanc|
|Perdition Dragon, Vortex Dragonewt||Perdition Dragon, Whirlwind Dragon|
|Perdition Dragon, Pain Laser Dragon||Perdition Dragon, Menace Laser Dragon|
|Perdition Dragon, Claws Vile Dragon||Perdition Dragon Knight, Nazel|
|Heavy Bomber Star-vader, Berkelium||Bombing Star-vader, Magnesium|
|Ionization Star-vader, Hafnium||Unrivaled Star-vader, Radon|
|Star-vader, Garnet Star Dragon||Companion Star Star-vader, Photon|
|Machining Tarantula Mark II||Machining Hornet Mark II|
|Carnation Musketeer, Richard||Carnation Musketeer, Berutti|
|Licorice Musketeer, Vera||Licorice Musketeer, Saul|
|Peony Musketeer, Martina||Peony Musketeer, Thule|
|Marine Raizer Anchor Arm||Marine Raizer High Torpedo|
|Phoenix Raizer Drill Wing||Phoenix Raizer Flame Wing|
|Ultimate Raizer Mega Flare||Ultimate Raizer Dual Flare|
|Battle Sister, Jelly||Battle Sister, Pudding|
|Goddess of the Treasured Mirror, Ohirume||CEO Amaterasu|
|Bloody Ogre||Frozen Ogre|
|Dudley Moses||Dudley Monti|
|Emerald Blaze||Silver Blaze|
|Ancient Dragon, Magmarmor||Ancient Dragon, Nightarmor|
|Ancient Dragon, Tyrannoquake||Ancient Dragon, Tyrannobite|
List of Support Cards
- Brawler, Fighting Dracokid
- Brawler, Staring Dracokid
- Brawler, Lightning Rider
- Brawler Youjin
- Fledging Phoenix Brawler, Koutenshou
- Military Brawler, Lisei
- Naga Brawler, Kadloo
- Tonfa Wielding Brawler, Aak
- Wild Brawler, Shugi
- Baby's Breath Musketeer, Laisa
- Hydrangea Musketeer, Ivar
- Licorice Musketeer, Saul
- Narcissus Musketeer, Joachim
- Peony Musketeer, Thule
- Advance Party Seeker, File
- Combined Strength Seeker, Locrinus
- Crossbow Seeker, Gildas
- Flail Seeker, Hasbasado
- High Spirit Seeker, Celyn
- Provocation Seeker, Blumenthal
- Shibelgal Seeker
- Seeker, Hartmy
- Seeker, Rune Eagle
Frequently Asked Question
- Question: What kind of ability is "Legion"?
Answer: "Legion" is an ability that calls a Mate to fight together. The Mate is put on the left of the vanguard circle, their power is combined when attack.
- Question: How long does a Legion last?
Answer: The Legion last the whole game, unless you ride into a different vanguard.
- Question: What happens when another unit rides them?
Answer: When they're being rode, the units which are in Legion are put into the soul.
- Question: The critical of both units in Legion is combined?
Answer: The amount that is combined is only the power. There are no changes in critical and drive check.
- Question: Can Legion Mate's when-placed timing ability be used?
Answer:Since the Mate is being placed on (VC), any "when this unit is placed on (RC)" abilities cannot be used.
- Question: When attacking an opponent's vanguard in Legion, what will happen to the power?
Answer: Since the combined power is only during its attack, so the amount of power for the vanguard with Legion when receiving an attack is the amount of its original power (plus any trigger effect or any other abilities― anything excluding the Legion's power effect).
- Question: Can the Mate be attacked as well?
Answer: The Mate cannot be attacked.
- Question: After performing a Legion, must the deck be shuffled?
Answer: After performing a Legion, please shuffle the deck.
- Question: What does 「このユニットは１度だけ」(Only once, this unit may) from Legion mean?
Answer: It means, that unit may, only once during the game, return four cards from your drop zone to deck, and perform Legion. If the specified card (Mate) is not in the deck, means it failed to perform Legion, and that unit cannot use that ability for rest of that game.
- Question: Both of my units in Legion on (VC) also count as my vanguard?
Answer: Yes, both of them also counts as your vanguard.
- Question: If I have less than 4 cards in the drop zone, can I perform Legion?
Answer: No, you can't perform Legion without 4 or more cards in the drop zone. Because you will have not enough cards to return back to the deck to perform Legion.
- Question: Can I perform Legion with the card I returned from my drop zone to my deck?
Answer: If the card has the same card name as stated in the ability, yes, you may do so.
- Question: If my Vanguard is already in Legion by another skill (i.e. Metalborg, Black Boy or Seeker, Sing Saver Dragon), can I still perform Legion?
Answer:If you have not used the Legion skill on your Vanguard, you can pay the cost and return 4 cards from the drop zone to the deck; however, because your Vanguard is already in Legion, you do not seek out a Mate, and you shuffle the deck.
- The kanji「双闘」for Legion may be translated as "Dual Battle".
- The kanji「盟友」for Mate may be translated as "Ally".