Mega Blast (メガブラスト Megaburasuto) is an official term used to describe an kind of skill which requires this cost: [Soul Blast (8) & Counter Blast (5)] .
Normally, Counter Blasting 5 damage means you can't use any other Counter Blast skills throughout the game. However, there are methods that can help you unflip damages, therefore giving you the chance of using Mega Blast in a deck that utilises Counter Blasts. With some luck, a Heal trigger can help recover damage for you to use.
All units so far that have access to a Mega Blast follow a certain patterns, namely;
- Grade 3 Units with 10000 Base Power.
- Have (VC) only skill which, at the start of your Main Phase, Soul Charge and activates an additional effect (commonly giving the activating unit +2000 Power for the rest of the turn).
- Some of these units have additional skills (such as CEO Amaterasu).
Originally, Mega Blast skills can be activated from (RC) alongside (VC), but starting from Booster Set 6: Breaker of Limits, new Mega Blast units only have Mega Blast that activates on (VC).
List of Mega Blast cards
- Mobile Hospital, Feather Palace - [AUTO]
- Top Idol, Pacifica - [AUTO]
- Subterranean Beast, Magma Lord - [ACT]
- King of Demonic Seas, Basskirk - [ACT]
- Knight of Fury, Agravain - [ACT]
- Vortex Dragon - [ACT]
- Death Warden Ant Lion - [ACT]
- Stealth Fiend, Kurama Lord - [AUTO]
- Mr. Invincible - [AUTO]
- CEO Amaterasu - [AUTO]
- Demon Slaying Knight, Lohengrin - [AUTO]
- Knight of Purgatory, Skull Face - [AUTO]
- Unite Attacker - [AUTO]
- Last known new Mega Blast unit was released in Booster Set 10: Triumphant Return of the King of Knights.
- CEO Amaterasu and Top Idol, Pacifica are the most reprinted Mega Blast units.
- There are yet to be any Mega Blast unit in Cardfight!! Vanguard G.