"Perfect Guard" (
Normally, when a "Perfect Guard" unit is placed on (GC) from anywhere, by discarding a card of the same clan from hand as cost, the player may choose one of their units of the same clan that is being attacked, and that chosen unit cannot be hit by the attack until end of the battle, no matter how much power the attack has, and no damage check must be performed as a result.
Starting from Booster Set 16: Legion of Dragons & Blades, you no longer are required to discard a card nor choose a unit of the same clan due to Clan Fight regulations making those restrictions redundant in card texts.
G Booster Set 1: Generation Stride introduces a new variant of Perfect Guards, called "Perfect Guard G". These cards can only activate its ability when placed on (GC) from hand, and the player can only choose his/her vanguard that is being attack. However, they include a bonus or other abilities in addition to guard the unit that is being attacked, such as Holy Knight Guardian and Hoop Master for example. Blue Storm Shield, Homerus is another new variant of "Perfect Guard G", which is exclusive for a Sub-Clan.
List of Perfect Guards cards
- Battle Siren, Phaidra
- Blue Storm Battle Princess, Electra
- Blue Storm Shield, Homerus (G)
- Emerald Shield, Paschal
- Ocean Keeper, Plato (G)
- Halo Liberator, Mark
- Halo Shield, Mark
- Holy Mage, Bryderi (G)
- Holy Mage, Candace
- Light Formation Liberator, Erdre
- Dragon Dancer, Maria
- Escort Dragon Attendant, Reas (G)
- Flame of Tranquility, Aermo (G)
- Perdition Dragon, Rampart Dragon
- Protect Orb Dragon (G)
- Seal Dragon, Rinocross
- Wyvern Guard, Barri
- Barrier Star-vader, Promethium
- Flowers in Vacuum, Cosmo Wreath (G)
- Instill Deletor, Ender (G)
- Lady Keeper of Virtual Reality
- Refusing Deletor, Evil
- 100% Orange
- Cherry Blossom Blizzard Maiden, Lilga (G)
- Maiden of Blossom Rain
- Maiden of Passionflower (G)
- Red Rose Musketeer, Antonio
- Beast Deity, Solar Falcon
- Blau Dunkelheit
- Extreme Battler, Headstrong-battle (G)
- Lady Cyclone (G)
- Twin Blader
- Defending Seeker, Shiron
- Flash Shield, Iseult
- Flashing Jewel Knight, Iseult
- Holy Knight Guardian (G)
- Hope Keeper (G)
- Rainbow Guardian
|Original||First Correction (11/05/2012)||Second Correction (05/03/2013)|
|[AUTO]:[Choose a «Clan Name» from your hand, and discard it] When this unit is placed on (GC), you may pay the cost. If you do, your «Clan Name» cannot be hit until end of that battle.||[AUTO]:[Choose a «Clan Name» from your hand, and discard it] When this unit is placed on (GC), you may pay the cost. If you do, choose one of your «Clan Name» that is being attacked, and that unit cannot be hit until end of that battle.||[CONT]:Sentinel (You may only have up to four cards with "[CONT]:Sentinel" in a deck.)|
[AUTO]:[Choose a «Clan Name» from your hand, and discard it] When this unit is placed on (GC), you may pay the cost. If you do, choose one of your «Clan Name» that is being attacked, and that unit cannot be hit until end of that battle.
- Etranger is the only clan so far without a Perfect Guard.
- Every Perfect Guard released before G Booster Set 1: Generation Stride has an RR Rarity.
- In Booster Set 10: Triumphant Return of the King of Knights, Gold Paladin, Narukami and Royal Paladin became the first clans to have two Perfect Guard units.
- Booster Set 10 also introduced Perfect Guards for sub-clans, e.g. Dark Revenger, Mac Lir, Eradicator Wyvern Guard, Guld, Flashing Jewel Knight, Iseult, etc.