When a Perfect Guard unit is placed on (GC), by discarding one unit from its own clan, the player choose one of their units of the same clan that is being attacked, and that unit cannot be hit until the end of the battle, no matter how much power the attack has. Starting from Booster Set 16: Legion of Dragons & Blades, you no longer are required to discard one card of same clan to perform the guarding.
From G Booster Set 1: Generation Stride onward, a new variant of Perfect Guard, called Perfect Guard G, is released. Perfect Guard G can only activate its skill when called to (GC) from hand, and the player can only choose his/her vanguard for the skill. However, if the player has another copy of the card with same name in his/her Drop Zone, he/she can activate another skill such as unflip a damage, draw a card then discard a card from hand or if your opponent's vanguard is deleted, at the end of his/her turn, choose all your opponent's vanguard and delete them.
You may only include up to four Perfect Guard units in a deck due to their "Sentinel" ability. As Quintet Wall units also have "Sentinel", you can only use both types of unit in a deck if the total number is four or less (for example, you may use 2 Perfect Guards and 2 Quintet Walls, or 3 Perfect Guards and 1 Quintet Wall).
List of Perfect Guards cards
- Battle Siren, Phaidra
- Blue Storm Battle Princess, Electra
- Blue Storm Shield, Homeros (G)
- Emerald Shield, Paschal
- Ocean Keeper, Plato (G)
- Dragon Dancer, Maria
- Perdition Dragon, Rampart Dragon
- Protect Orb Dragon (G)
- Seal Dragon, Rinocross
- Wyvern Guard, Barri
- Barrier Star-vader, Promethium
- Flowers in Vacuum, Cosmo Wreath (G)
- Instill Deletor, Ender (G)
- Lady Keeper of Virtual Reality
- Refusing Deletor, Evil
- Defending Seeker, Shiron
- Flash Shield, Iseult
- Flashing Jewel Knight, Iseult
- Holy Knight Guardian (G)
- Rainbow Guardian
|Original||First Correction (11/05/2012)||Second Correction (05/03/2013)|
|[AUTO]:[Choose a «Clan Name» from your hand, and discard it] When this unit is placed on (GC), you may pay the cost. If you do, your «Clan Name» cannot be hit until end of that battle.||[AUTO]:[Choose a «Clan Name» from your hand, and discard it] When this unit is placed on (GC), you may pay the cost. If you do, choose one of your «Clan Name» that is being attacked, and that unit cannot be hit until end of that battle.||[CONT]:Sentinel (You may only have up to four cards with "[CONT]:Sentinel" in a deck.)|
[AUTO]:[Choose a «Clan Name» from your hand, and discard it] When this unit is placed on (GC), you may pay the cost. If you do, choose one of your «Clan Name» that is being attacked, and that unit cannot be hit until end of that battle.
- Etranger is the only clan so far without a Perfect Guard.
- Every Perfect Guard released before G Booster Set 1: Generation Stride has an RR Rarity.
- In Booster Set 10: Triumphant Return of the King of Knights, Gold Paladin, Narukami and Royal Paladin became the first clans to have two Perfect Guard units.
- As of Booster Set 10, many Clans have Perfect Guards for their sub-clans, e.g. Dark Revenger, Mac Lir, Eradicator Wyvern Guard, Guld, Flashing Jewel Knight, Iseult, etc.