How it Works
A unit with the "Restraint" ability cannot attack while it is on its specified circle. However, it may be removed temporarily by paying a cost, or fulfilling certain requirement.
This keyword is generally found on units with a power exceeding the normal level for their grade (for example, a grade 2 unit with "Restraint" may have 11000 power), to balance them out with other units of the same grade.
List of Cards
Can be Removed
- Imprisoned Fallen Angel, Saraqael (Paying Soul Blast 3)
- Genie Soldat (When an opponent's rear-guard is put into the drop zone during your main phase)
- Thunder Spear Wielding Exorcist Knight (Paying Counter Blast 1)
- Brutal Jack (Paying Counter Blast 1)
- Imperial Daughter (Paying Counter Blast (1) & Putting an Oracle Think Tank rear-guard into the soul. Also loses "Restraint" by having no rear-guards)
- Golden Beast Tamer (Paying Soul Blast 3)
Cannot be Removed Easily
- Prowling Dragon, Striken (It has no "Restraint" on RC)
- It was strictly the first keyword ability to be released.
- In the anime, the action to remove it is known as "Restraint Release" (
拘 束 解 除Kōsoku Kaijo).