Superior Ride is an official term that first appeared in the Cardfight!! Vanguard #7. It denotes the act of riding through an ability, rather than normally from your hand during the ride rhase. Unless specified otherwise cards you superior ride are always placed in Stand position.
There are many types of Superior Rides, split into two basic categories: Units that Superior Ride themselves, and units that Superior Ride other units. They are also separated based on where you Superior Ride from (deck, hand, drop zone, soul, etc). Many clans have a method of Superior Riding, and some of them more than one. A deck can feature one or more Superior Rides as its main strategy. There are many advantages to Superior Riding, depending on its type. Some allow you to skip ahead in grades (by riding a grade 3 on top of a grade 1). Some allow you to conserve cards from your hand. Most let you build up soul in some way. A lot of the units that can Superior Ride reference other units that must be used as "materials" for the Superior Ride to be completed.
Some cards can Superior Ride during the Battle Phase, indirectly standing the Vanguard and allowing the player to attack with it again.
Superior Persona Ride: It is a Superior Ride that requires to ride a copy of the same card as the vanguard. The term is derived from Superior Ride and Persona Blast, but instead of discarding the same copy of card to the drop zone, it is placed on (VC) instead.
List of cards that allow Superior Ride
- Dimensional Robo, Daiheart
- Dimensional Robo, Goyusha
- Dimensional Robo, Kaiser Grader
- Enigman Tornado
- Evolution Monster, Davain
- Super Dimensional Robo, Diard
- Super Dimensional Robo, Shadowkaiser
- Metalborg, Barrengrader
- Metalborg, Blackboi
- Deadly Swordmaster
- Ice Floe Swordsman, Nightsnow
- Monster Frank
- Skeleton Colossus
- Skeleton Demon World Knight
- Spirit Exceed
- Exculpate the Blaster
- Future Knight, Llew
- King's Adjutant Knight, Galehaut
- Knight of Quests, Galahad
- Knight of Tribulations, Galahad
- Sage of Guidance, Zenon
- Sanctuary of Light, Little Storm
- Seeker, Thing Saver Dragon
- White Dragon Knight, Pendragon